Saturday, May 19, 2012

Day 1-The Things

Hello...my name is Sir Reginald Biedgar. I am a knight and have been for the last 2 years in the English Knight Guild. For the entire time from when I became a knight everything was going fine. That was until a few nights ago...when everything changed. For the last few weeks I had been called to several jobs that required the investigation of small villages. All of which were inhabited with...well that's just the thing, they weren't inhabited with anything. All that we would find were some blood stains, or maybe a limb or two. Usually we would think this would just be a normal case of the plague. But if it was, there would still be bodies. After about a week or so of getting those calls, I started to get a little worried, but it seemed like none of my other fellow knights seemed concerned; but I was. A few days later I was in my keep preparing to get some sleep, when something strange happened. I heard noises. Moaning and screams. I decided to investigate the issue and looked out my window. What I saw next was terrible. People getting trampled by hoards of bloody people...getting torn apart. Women and children screaming and being carried away by guards which would soon also be torn apart by those...things. I knew I had to do something, but I also knew that going down to the ground level was an absolute way to get killed. And if I tried to fire arrows down on them, I would be sure to cause them to try to get to me. But the screams and moans of the people soon overcame my dear and I decided to take my duty as a knight and go downstairs to assist them. I knew I would need help and I decided to go to my fellow knights room next door and find out what was going on. I walked out of my room and up to his door, only to find it barred shut. I slammed on his door several times calling his name telling him that we needed to help. Still no response. All I could think of was how much of a coward he was. I was sure none of those things had gotten up here, and I knew he was just too scared to follow the oath under which he became a knight. No matter. I decided to still help out. I opened the locked door that led to to the stairs to find hundreds of those things running up the stairs. I knew I couldn't take them myself and ran back to my room down the hallway and shut the door. I slid my bookcase in front of the door and locked the door. Moments later I heard the screams of my fellow knight as he was torn apart and murdered. Next I heard the pounding at my door, but I knew they couldn't get in...I hoped they couldn't. Now, here I am writing at my desk waiting for something to happen. Maybe rescue. Maybe they will leave. Still, I knew that they wouldn't leave and I knew rescue wouldn't come. I looked at the moon from my window and thought of way to get out.

No comments:

Post a Comment