Sunday, May 20, 2012

Day 2-Arryn

It seems that I have found a way out of my tower. Shortly after barring my door, I thought of a way to escape my keep and get down to the ground without being eaten by those things. So, I sat there for a while and thought. Maybe I could climb down? Perhaps call for help? This idea pondered in my mind for a while as I looked out the window. I looked across to my neighboring tower that was about 10 meters away. The lights were on and I didn't see as many of those things at the bottom of the tower. So, I indeed called for help by simple shouting, 'help'. Soon after the window that was even with mine opened up and I could see a worried looking girl. She had long brown hair and dirty face. As soon as she looked like she was going to say something I was overcome with relief. There was just something about her worried, yet strong face that made her seem like she was indeed going to help.


"Stand back!" she shouted at me.


I stood back away from the window as I saw her pull out a wooden, angled, hunting bow. I could see her doing something with an arrow but I was not quite sure what. Then she knocked the arrow and pulled the string back. The arrow released from her grip as she shot straight toward my window hitting the wooden frame around it. I looked at the arrow in amazement at the shot she had just made. The accuracy! I thought to myself. Connected to the arrow was a long and thick rope which led back to her window. She motioned to come toward her, making a climbing motion. I nodded and looked down at the courtyard below seeing hundreds of those things. I knew that one false move would leave me falling to a very painful death. I nervously, took my sword from it's rack and began to climb the rope. The rope was shaky and I was afraid that it would let loose at any moment. But, I eventually made it to the end and climbed into her tower.


I could see her more clearly now. Her slender body and dark green eyes. She was wearing a tightly fitted brown ranging uniform. 


"Thank you," I said as I knelt down in honor.


"Stand up to fool," she said strongly. But when I looked at her she was smiling.


But I did no such thing. I instead stared at her grimly wondering how she was still joking and happy on a night like this. 


"Well, I see you are in no mood for jokes. I'm not either, but I thought I would just try to...lighten the mood," she said, "My name is Arryn."


"Yes, and mine is Reginald," I said standing up.


"Well, Reginald, we need need to find a way out of here," she said smiling.


"Indeed so, but I need some rest first," I said.


"Hmph. Yes, I could use some rest too. We will talk afterwards. You can sleep on the bed."


Ordinarily I would have offered the bed to her, but she seemed almost as if she didn't want the bed. So I nodded and went to sleep. As I drifted off in sleep, I saw her scale the wall quickly, and jump into something that resembled a sort of hammock. Then, I rested my head and fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment